Keyless ignition mod...Stewart, BC/Hyder, Alaska

Surprise, surprise. Alaska was so close & I didn't know it. What a great small town, that, I feel, doesn't have long for this world. I hope I'm wrong.















7/16/2010
Downtown Hyder, Alaska.




























That's right, ZERO. ?? Not sure what that means.












This shot is for the ladies... : >)














I'm glad there was a vacancy.














Enough said...














This bike belongs to a gent named Tim. He drove from Florida. We will cross paths many times.














This guy was up & out early. About 5;30am.














@ the time, I didn't know what he was photographing. The mile zero sign.














I drove in circles a few other times in my life.














NO VACANCY














Hyder, Alaska might have a room I was told.














Off to Hyder. Never heard of it.














No Vacancy


















Great ride in. You are only seeing a small fraction of this ride. Sorry : >)














This is a port town. The ocean @ low tide.














I would have been sad to miss the views in Stewart & Hyder.














What a good guide Thomas can be.














Sun is setting. Usually means take a break.














I turned the corner & found this.














From across the street.














A glacier that probably has a name.
DeHanzo Glacier?


















Nice ride














This view is unfolding














Awesome














I have been to Switzerland & have seen this type of beauty. Still awestruck.


















This is how a lot of the rest of this ride will be.














A prelude to something good maybe?





























Looks like a ski lift building.





























The bike wants to keep going.














& going.














Alaska? Nice surprise.














& going.














I keep expecting some form of wildlife to jump out.














Nice road so far.














Alright!


















Another photo op.














I will stop in over 100 gas stations.














Looks good ahead.










































































It's cloudy & a little cool. No rain in sight.














A little church with a teepee set up. I don't know the story. I'm sure there is one.














This river was overflowing and had crazy rapids.














OK, a little civilization.












































Each little piece of human evidence has it's broken down areas.














PINE BEETLES are tearing up a lot of woodland in North America.














Looks cold up ahead.














It seems like some of these mountains manufacture clouds.





























Trucks & trains are a big part of the north west.
Can't forget the RV's.
I spend a lot of my riding time trying to get away from them.














One of the routes I spend a good amount of time on.














Very elaborate border markings.














Another beauty.














Bc's northern capital. Is it the capital?














They include the V-rod in some of their evolution.


















The V-rod on display @ Prince George Harley.
I went here to check on an ignition. A week to have one delivered.














More border markings.


















The road work seems sporadic & extensive. Chunks of road work all over.














Taped up so nothing else falls out. Luckily it's in the on position.














My wire set-up was clumsy.
Paul had an old Honda 90 in his yard he said could be used for parts. A few snips & some tape & we have a simpler connection.














Paul's House from the back yard.














My bike tucked away.














Nanook guarding the fort.














What a great dog. Smart, friendly, good looking & loud.














Paul's truck. The first time I saw it, he was pulling in to the gas station where I discovered the lost key & ruined ignition. I noticed the truck because Nanook was hanging out the window barking up a storm. When I came out from paying for gas, Paul was looking @ my bike. We got to talking & I had a place to sleep for the night.














I have a HONDA-DAVIDSON now for sure. Honda components to connect/disconnect.














SACK-RA-MONT, WHATEVER THAT MEANS.
The key had a circular alarm/fob that had been annoying me for weeks because it was blowing all over the place. I thought about fixes. That's all I did. Thinking doesn't make it so. I could have headed this off weeks ago, but, no. It was the movement that annoyed me. The wind eventually ripped the guts out of the ignition. I didn't think that would happen. Think again...
It all happened for a reason? Fate. Destiny. I usually don't get into that type of thinking, but, those ideas were developed for a reason. Maybe?


















By-pass the battery. That's all I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment