Aspen to Steamboat Springs, Colorado

THE DALTON HIGHWAY


This is kind of what thrills me the most...
Not knowing what lies ahead.

























7/7/2010
I'm still about 60
miles from Steamboat Springs with no shortage of scenery. I did see a lot of wild life on this trip, but, they wouldn't cooperate with the camera. Wild life running wild.















The last time I rode a horse, it left me in mid air when spooked by a wind blown pile of leaves. I hit the ground hard. Not a fan of riding horses. I would love to try again though.


















U.S.40 goes a long way in Colorado. Apparently I've got another 65.2 miles to go.


















Got lucky with the weather. It seems like the rain was @ my back today.














I will follow this person. Looks knowledgeable.














Part of Winter Parks Ski area.














This is where Dale lives & works.


















Another Ski area to put on my list.














Introducing Dale Eversole. He waved me over to find out what the heck I was riding. He was amazed @ my bike. I think he had recently tipped a few cold ones. Seems like a great guy to ski with.














The back side of the pass. All down hill.














I have a hard time with this name. It won't stick to my brain.














It is cold & rainy.














Many National Forest out here. Lets go, start traveling. This land is our land...


















I had to pull a stunt to get around this slow poke.










Up down, Up down...










This rain will hit hard, but, for only 5 minutes. The temperature dropped about 15 degrees.










I've heard a lot about the Loveland Pass. A nice ride.











I didn't expect to go up into the mountains. A pleasant surprise.














Inside Arapahoe Basin. Great skiing.


















GOING UP.














My ski buddy, Ray Paquette & I sat on this deck between runs a while back.


















One of my favorite ski areas.


















Up to A-Basin.














The Dillon Reservoir.


















I70 to The Loveland Pass.














Frisco is a small town.
Breckenridge is a big ski area.














I have not skied Copper Mtn yet.














Vail was a blast, 10 years ago...














This view is the other side of the ride to Aspen.














I70, got to love it.


















I'll have a #1 with cheese & no onion-medium. I'm a BurgerKing fan. They also have wifi.














Does 75 mean 80?














That was an enjoyable piece of road.
I feel like turning around & going back. REALLY.














This will pleasantly get me where I'm going.














If somebody knows this Mtn, please comment. I put a lot of time in looking @ it.














Finally get to this view. Have seen it on the horizon.














Will the road turn toward this? Yes it will.














Sometimes, when you head toward a horizon, you expect to see a town when you get there.














Looks good ahead.














I love this ride. I've also learned something about zooming in.

No comments:

Post a Comment